Grilled Gorgonzola Rib-Eye Steak **Low carb recipe
- 1/4 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon(s) mixed pepper seasoning for steak
- 4 small boneless rib-eye steaks, about 1 inch thick
- 2 medium red onions, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 3/4 pound(s) asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 teaspoon(s) coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup(s) Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Combine 2 Tbsp of the olive oil, vinegar, and steak seasoning and brush over steaks. Let marinate at room temperature while preparing an outdoor grill with a medium-high fire or heating a stovetop grill pan.
- Brush onion slices and asparagus with remaining olive oil and season with half of the sea salt and pepper. Grill onions 10 to 12 minutes, turning once, and asparagus about 8 minutes, turning several times. Remove vegetables to a platter and reserve, loosely covered with foil.
- Season steaks with the remaining salt. Grill steaks 4 to 5 minutes per side, until internal temperature is 130 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer for medium-rare, 140 to 145 degrees F for medium. Sprinkle steaks with crumbled Gorgonzola cheese and reserved grilled onions. Let rest, loosely covered, for 5 minutes. Serve with reserved grilled asparagus.